Very Large Signed Alphonse Giroux Casket Box with Double Loop Handles.
Beuatifully Engraved All Over with Flowers.
Maison Giroux was founded by Francois-Simon-Alphonse Giroux in 1799 at 7 rue du Coq-Saint-Honoré, Paris.
Upon the Retirement of Francois-Simon-Alphonse Giroux in 1838, his eldest son, Alphonse-Gustave Giroux, took over the Business as Named ‘Alphonse Giroux et Cie’.
Under his Control, the Business Gained Further Acclaim for the Quality of their Work and Merchandise, Winning a Silver Medal at the 1839 Exposition des Produits de L’industrie Française.
In 1857, the Business Moved to 43 Boulevard des Capucines in Paris, their Exclusive Dual Aspect Department Store, Extending to the Adjacent Rue Neuve des Capucines 24.
Alphonse Giroux was know as "The Merchant of the Princes" and The Parisian Store Specialised in Small Luxury Goods and Curiosities whose Products were Intended for an Aristocratic and Bourgeois Clientele.
CONDITION: Good, No Chips or Cracks
Please fill in the information below